Friday 31 October 2014

5-A-Day Challenge

Over the holidays we were asked to take 5 photographs a day and pick out of our favourite 5, bellow you will see my favourite 5. I tried to use different rules of composition, the first one being colour, the second being pattern, the third is texture, fourth is depth of field and the last is leading lines, I took these
images on a day out into Piccadilly, near China Town.



This image shows a good example of the composition rule, colour, I know this because it shows a wide range of colours, I took this image on my iPhone, as I did not have access to a camera at the time I'm not sure what the shutter speed was, but I don't think the shutter speed would make a difference as my image was not moving so i did not have to be fast.


In this image it is an example of pattern, at first I was going to use it as shape, but giving the symmetry, I thought it would be better to use as pattern as its a better example of it, I personally think this image could be better, but as I could not get high enough the image was not straight, so this image could of gone a lot better if I could if gotten the height.

This is an example of texture, I personally like this image as most texture images you cannot see the texture in full its normally flat, so with this being quite bold you can see it more clearly than in others.

In this image I tried to show depth of field, but as I said in my first image I was using an iPhone, which has a focus but is not that strong, so after taking my image I uploaded it onto Photoshop and used the blur tool to make the depth of field stronger, I personally think that made the image work a lot more than originally as your focus is just on the first pillar.













Leading lines is what is happening in this image, it is another compositional rule which is used to make your eyes follow the lines, though there is a lot going on at the sides of this image your eyes are taken to the very end, as if you're trying to find the end of the lines, but the lines are never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment